Informing and guiding learners

SfC&D works in all the nations of the UK to develop qualifications that enable people to learn - and prove that they have learned - the things that really matter for high quality care or support.

In some parts of the UK, people have to get a named qualification if they want to work in a particular job.

Social workers need to complete one of the Social Work degrees offered by nearly 100 universities and colleges across the UK

Care/support workers may need a particular SVQ (Scottish Vocational Qualifications) or QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) qualification depending on where they work in the UK. Even where a qualification is not a requirement, it will be highly valued and very important to achieve.

These sorts of qualifications are often included in Apprenticeships (see Careers in care
section of this website).

We work closely with organisations who offer the qualifications people need for a career in care and support work, or social work.

You can find out more about SVQs and QCF qualifications and Social Work degrees, in the Careers in care section of this website.